I am so excited about these muffins guys! I finally found a high protein and healthy banana bread recipe that still tastes great! I love, love, love banana bread and so do my kiddos, which makes these a perfect on-the-go snack for us. My friend gave me the recipe from Tastesbetterfromscratch.com and I just changed out the flour for Kodiak Protein Pancake mix. If you've never tried that mix, you definitely need too! You can get a large box of it a Costco or smaller boxes at most grocery stores. If you don't care about getting the protein in there you can switch it back to flour or even use gluten free flour like my friend did! I also add a scoop of Vanilla Protein or a few scoops of my Further Foods Collagen Protein (you can get order this on Amazon or their Website and use code: FITNESSUNDERGROUND for 5% off). The added protein is optional but adds 2 grams extra to each muffin. OK, Here's the recipe!
This makes 12 muffins:
1 muffin= approx. 126 calories and 8 grams of protein. (with added protein they are 10 grams)
- 4 ripe bananas, about 1 1/3 cups, mashed
- 1 large egg
- 1 Tbs vanilla
-3 Tbs brown sugar
-2 Tbs granulated sugar
-1 tsp ground cinnamon
-1tsp baking powder
-1tsp baking soda
-1/2 tsp salt
-1 1/2 cups Kodiak Protein Pancake mix
-2 Tbs melted butter
-Optional: 1 scoop of vanilla whey (21 g of protein) or 3 scoops of collagen protein (21 g of protein) (add this in after the flour mixture and before butter)
1. grease a regular size muffin tin or use liners. (you can also use in a bread loaf pan or mini muffins) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mash bananas in mixing bowl (I just put in my kitchen aid and mixed) . Add egg, vanilla, brown sugar, granulated sugar, and cinnamon and mix until combined.
3. In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Then add to the banana mixture and stir well.
4. Gently stir in the melted butter and pour mixture into pans, filling about 2/3 full. Bake for about 23-25 minutes or until a toothpick insterted comes out clean. (for loaf of bread, bake 35-45 min)
For Original recipe, go to Tastesbetterfromscratch.com
I hope you like these as much as I do! If you have questions, you can comment on my Facebook or Instagram posts!